Let me preface this by saying that I have devoted much too time to Netflix this month, as well as to YouTube. I have been discovering some amazing shows (Scorpions, Haters Back Off – always makes me laugh), and creatives (halloalice, Anna), and it’s also been my graduation month so things have been less than ideal in terms of reading time. However, I am still very pleased with all the reading I managed to squeeze into November, and especially proud of the number of non-fiction titles I read. I definitely want to keep this statistic up over the next year (and beyond).
So to recap my goals which I mentioned in my Non-Fiction November post, here is what I read in November.
- The Wild Truth by Corinne McCandless (audiobook)
- Madness: A Bipolar Life by Maria Hornbacher (ebook)
- Live Your Truth by Kamal Ravikant (ebook)
- Minimalism by The Minimalists (ebook)
- The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell (hard copy)
- Minimalism vs. Consumerism by Seth Caraway (ebook… and with the most typos I have ever encountered in a single tiny volume)
- The Art of Discarding by Nagisa Tatsumi (ebook)
There were also a few books that I did not finished, or, in the jargon, DNFed:
- Hardcore Self Help: Fuck Depression by Robert Duff
- Women in the Wild essays
- Self Discipline by SJ Hilton (perhaps because… ahem, I have no self discipline?)
And a couple of books I started but am still savouring:
I even managed to throw in a little fiction (mostly because it was due in the library and I have already used up all my renewals):
Like I said, overall, I am happy with the amount of reading I have done. However, I am not particularly impressed with the quality of the titles. The ones I have not enjoyed sadly outweigh the ones I did enjoy in November, and so it is my personal goal to read more titles in December which I will devour and love.
Reviews of some of the titles mentioned above are coming soon so stay tuned, and until then… Netflix is coming out with some really good shows.
Small print: I am a BookDepository affiliate. They have some amazing deals going on right now, so even if you don’t use my link, do go check them out. Shipping’s free!